Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I used to... I was the music that made the light dance...

  • I used to be naïve, now I don't trust anyone
  • I used to spend my life uneventfully, now I get in arguments with the barman
  • I used to be concerned, now I just don't care
  • I used to be predictable, now even I don't know what I'm capable of
  • I used to be anti-social, now I'm still, but I now dance alone on dancefloors, drunk
Have you ever experienced the feeling of dancing all night, non-stop, with one Guiness to give you energy, and lots of beer to keep you up? At first it's nice and you dance with the girl you can spend your whole life with without ever getting bored or losing it. Then you're still with her and you're enjoying it even more... And then you close your eyes, and feel the music, and get all wrapped up in it, and then U become the music and the music becomes you. And then you become her, and she becomes you, and you're all apart and together... And you open your eyes, and she's not there, but it doesn't matter because you are the music and it's all part of you. And you raise your hands in the air and look for that green light, and you start playing games with the green light, your eyes half closed, slowly moving your hands accross it, feeling the light, letting the light into you, becoming the light, and you start to dance with the light. And through it all you see a pretty girl hesitate on the dancefloor, try to stumble accross to you, and she starts dancing with you, but you don't care because she's not the one. And you continue to play with that light, and then through your half-closed eyes you see jump away with a cartoon gesture, dragged away to the bar by some guy, and you think guys are all jerks, but the movement she made was quite funny. And you keep on dancing with that laser light, feeling it more and more, being one with it all, except for the jerk at the bar... That one was pretty sad...
And then she comes back, and it all feels OK, and she smiles @ you, holding bottles of life in her hands...

At that very moment, it all felt ok, everything was in it's right place, the glasshouse was perfect, I didn't want to disappear completely, I felt alive, I felt one, it was all perfect, I was the music that made the light dance... I was happy... I was free... I wasn't anymore in the dark...

No comments: